Reptile Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to visit a friend at the weekend - she has newborn Jacksons and newly hatched Veiled babies! I had the best time ever, but by far the best thing was having a minutes old tiny Veiled girl open her eyes for the first time and take her very first steps on my hand! It was all I could do not to cry! I was speechless! Such a wonderful moment and I wouldn't have missed it for the world - it was like she was waiting for me to visit to see her hatch! I feel such a connection with these wonderful creatures, especially the Veileds.

First up - Jackson babies!

A whole tree of babies! :gasp:

Baby Veileds -

Lots of teeny tiny green people! :flrt:

And, finally, the little female that stole my heart -

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Stunning Jacksons! :mf_dribble:
Me sees yo getting another Cham within the next month. :whistling2:
Also, not having a go but do yuo mind asking her to guard the bulb in the background jsut incase one of the wee tiny ones manage to reach it as I would hate to think that they could be burnt.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They can't reach the light - it's just the camera angle - the plant is nowhere near it. I already made sure of that as I don't have lights inside any of my vivs. But, also needing cooler temps the bulb is never on fully anyway - they are all also on dimmer stats too.

Reactions: UrolithicTitan

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I've wanted a jacksons for a while now and these pics make me want one even more, they are absolutely stunning :flrt:

·
Registered
379 Posts
So cute :) looks like there's an invasion going on there :lol2:

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Awwww!! I want to go round your friends!!:flrt:
Vicky

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
You were VERY lucky and they are soooo cute like you said they are unbelievably tiny!

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You were VERY lucky and they are soooo cute like you said they are unbelievably tiny!
I know! It was like she waited for me before she hatched - most of the others are at least 10 days old. It was such an amazing moment for me, having never seen such new babies before, let alone have one pretty much hatch in my hand! My two adults eat bigger locusts than those babies! :lol2:

Reactions: MP reptiles

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So cute :) looks like there's an invasion going on there :lol2:
They were all born or hatched within days of each other, so she has her work cut out, and a plentiful supply of fruit flies!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
OMG, how cute. Weren't you tempted? :mf_dribble:

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was - the one that almost hatched in my hand really stole my heart, but she is looking to be female. If I had another Veiled I would want a baby male as I have never had a baby male - would be cool to see his colours develop as he grows. They were all totally adorable, but the Jacksons' little horn nubs were just so cute! What I really would like is one of those baby Jacksons!:flrt: I have wanted a Jacksons for such a long time.:flrt:

Reactions: Iwantone

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I was - the one that almost hatched in my hand really stole my heart, but she is looking to be female. If I had another Veiled I would want a baby male as I have never had a baby male - would be cool to see his colours develop as he grows. They were all totally adorable, but the Jacksons' little horn nubs were just so cute! What I really would like is one of those baby Jacksons!:flrt: I have wanted a Jacksons for such a long time.:flrt:
I think you should get one. :mf_dribble:

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Awww Tiff....what an incredible weekend that must have been. Those babies are total cuteness overload :flrt::flrt:

I can't believe you didn't take at least one home. I don't think I could have resisted......my pockets would have been overflowing with ickle chams LOL

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would love to have done, but it took me nearly 3 hours to get home - far too long to travel with such tiny babies. Plus I don't have a spare set up and no extra lighting or anything. It wouldn't have been fair on the sweet little thing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts