Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've got a collection of snakes including some baby corns. I checked on the babies two days ago to find that despite the lid being fixed to his tub, Jim had gone missing! I've never had an escapee snake but Jim has been found (before we even knew he was missing) twice before now! I've adapted his tub so there are no holes or gaps big enough for him to et through, but he's been gone a few days!
He's about 7 months old and due a feed!

I've left out flour by door ways to see if he's been through, I've emptied out my whole front room and looked everywhere every day, I've left out a box on a heat mat and a bottle with a fuzzy in it, but no luck!

If anyone has any other ideas please let me know as I'm losing my mind!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sometimes when they escape they stay close to their viv so have another look near the viv and near any warm areas of your home. They'll most likely be in a darkened area and seeing he is only 7 months, he will be able to squeeze into some tight spaces.

How long was he missing before you placed the flour down?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll keep looking! The other times he's escaped he's been within a few feet of his tub by the radiator or tv, I put the flour down as soon as I saw he was gone

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dont Worry. Back When I Just Started Keeping Snakes My 4 Month Old Garter Got Out And I Didnt Get Him Back Until 8 Months Later When I Walked In From Work And He Was Just Hanging Out Next to His Viv :lol2: He Will turn Up :2thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts