Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fed my baby corn, Checkers, on Sunday evening with two pinkies and he ate both in about 5 minutes.

He has digested one of them but there seems to still be a slight bulge in his middle section. I'm really worried :eek:mg:

He is in an Exo Terra Faunarium, has an Algarde Heat Mat which is regulated with a Habistat Mat Stat.

Any advice/help greatly appreciated : victory:

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
its possible it was too much for him, or maybe the temps are too low, in which case he may bring it back up. IF this happens leave him for 2 weeks before offering food again.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its possible it was too much for him, or maybe the temps are too low, in which case he may bring it back up. IF this happens leave him for 2 weeks before offering food again.
The temp in the hot end is 83F and the temp in the cool end is 72F.

If he brings it back up will it damage him and would it be best to clean the whole tub afterwards?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
How do you know he digested one? Post a pic if you can to show how big the bulge is.
If it does regurge, you will need to give it 10-14 days rest to reproduce all the stomach acids it would of lost. An providing you clean it up, you wont have to do the whole tub or anything : victory:

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
how old is your corn?

because if its still a very young one i would only feed 1 pink every 5 days

·
Registered
48 Posts
baby corn not digesting

My corn did the same and then regurgitated it! I was told it was because the temp was to hot! also I only fed him 1 pinkie every 5 days two maybe too much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts