Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone help me, we have/had baby corns they was in seperate small plastic tubs similar to faunariums they are planted out and heated with a heat mat, i tried to feed them on pinkies on sunday, 1 of the 3 ate two as normal the other 2 refused food, which was unusual as they all normally take 2 pinkies. today when we are looking after all the snakes we found that the 2 that hadnt fed are dead!

a few months ago lost 2 other baby corns for no apparent reason too. please can anyone help me, we now only have one living baby corn and really dont want to lose that!!!!

the corns was/ are all 06 and are still small. please help!!!!!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
How old were they, to the nearest week?
Had they been problem feeders at all?
Were the pinkies that they'd had definitely ok, not gone off or anything?
Were the temps definitely ok, including at night? Especially after feeds?
And when you say the tubs were "planted out", do you mean real plants?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea the temps was ok, planted out with fake plants, they was 3 maybe four months old never been a problem to feed

·
Registered
239 Posts
is the

is the temp set right as i lost one with havig the temp to high is there air hole in the tubes i no it a `silly Q but you never no is the air gape big enoght for the air to get in

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Did the other two that you lost come from the same source, or even the same female/clutch of eggs?
If so it could be that something was wrong, either genetically or maybe with the incubation, that meant they had internal problems/abnormalities and so were never going to make it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
two came from the same breeder the other one was completely unrelated. really confused. and soooo dont want to lose my lovely snow corn!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
middle of the viv with a standard exo terra thermomitor and also have a digital one for taking temps as a check

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
its not likely to be temps unless its miles out.
pm me where you buy your mice, coz there is a particular big seller that is selling proper dodgy mice, i lost about 7 snakes.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Aww..don't die lovely Snow Corn snake

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
still struggling with any ideas to this. so far the snow is fine and eating well. would love some more help on this please

·
Registered
316 Posts
How are you defrosting the pinkies???
Are they drinking ok?
what substrate are you using?
trying to rack my brains to think of anything else,
best of luck, hope the snow makes it thru :D

G

·
Gonna sound really funny now mate but are you using any air freshners in the room is glade plug ins etc,Or any hairsprays etc.If so then there may be something in one of the items you are using that is causing harm to your reps.It seems like too much of a coincidence to lose 2 on the same night to me.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Good point that - any type of aerosol used near the snakes, eg. furniture polish on the viv, etc.
Also, incense/joss sticks and oil burners may not be good.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
there is nothing in the room like that it is a reptile only room, the pinkies are defrosted in warm water and then slightly heated with a hairdryer.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
corns

hi
ok first one have you used the tubs there in for anything else, you say that you only use boling water no F10 or other cleaning spray, what subtrate do you use ? , what other snakes or animals do you have in the rep room ? , first thing i would do get some F10 sc make up a spray and clean the hole rep room clean and change any other viv`s or tubs you have , the corn you have left put it in a new clean tub just kitchen roll on the bottom and water no plants or anything, its the room there in heated ?

cant think of any more reasons other than whats been said

hope this helps

Paul

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
hi
ok first one have you used the tubs there in for anything else, you say that you only use boling water no F10 or other cleaning spray, what subtrate do you use ? , what other snakes or animals do you have in the rep room ? , first thing i would do get some F10 sc make up a spray and clean the hole rep room clean and change any other viv`s or tubs you have , the corn you have left put it in a new clean tub just kitchen roll on the bottom and water no plants or anything, its the room there in heated ?

cant think of any more reasons other than whats been said

hope this helps

Paul
This thread is. like, 6yrs old :lol2:

Reactions: azza23
1 - 20 of 23 Posts