Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many days should a baby boa poo after eating her meal?
I dont think she is pooing as i havnt seen any yet, her viv temps are fine at 32 - 27
Any help would be appreciated
Steve

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
How many days should a baby boa poo after eating her meal?
I dont think she is pooing as i havnt seen any yet, her viv temps are fine at 32 - 27
Any help would be appreciated
Steve
My girl is just over a year old and go's every 3-4 weeks. Don't be surprised if it goes a month or longer without pooing!

·
Registered
850 Posts
One of ours regularly used to go months without pooping.

We'd just keep an eye on her vent and if it appeared at all swollen or red we'd put her in a tepid bath for 20 minutes and she'd usually unleash a poo beast in there!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply's guy's
My other snake used to go like a few days after eating, was just getting worried with being used to it
Thanks thought :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Things like corn snakes will go a lot more often than heavier bodied snakes. Boas and pythons will save it up for ages then unleash hell!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I definately second Mikes comment!! Ha ha, corns are horrendous.. I think it's a Colubrid thing, they just seem to have great digestive systems!

Boids don't tend to defecate too often, and yes, when it arrives, you'll regret worrying about it not happening!! Ha ha, I worry about it happening.. My larger boa goes about once a month, and when ever she leaves one or me, it's the same size as a st bernard's.. I've now taken to buying boxes of disposable gloves - I don't feel clean for days if I have to deal with it without them!! Enjoy it whilst you can!! But don't worry about it not going yet -worry about when it comes!

Josh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.