Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all hopefully gona have some leo eggs in a couple of weeks i was just wondering one thing what is the best thing to feed them and do you just leave it in there rub or is it hand feeding required thanks all knoledge welcome this is my first time breeding them.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
hi all hopefully gona have some leo eggs in a couple of weeks i was just wondering one thing what is the best thing to feed them and do you just leave it in there rub or is it hand feeding required thanks all knoledge welcome this is my first time breeding them.
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/breeding/244367-breeding-leo-s-few-thoughts.html

Take a look at the link, it will be a good start, along with Sleepy's site or any of the others linked from the site in my sig.

·
Registered
9,392 Posts
along with Sleepy's site or any of the others linked from the site in my sig.
cheers mate thats really good info but it still dosent say what to feed the babies thanks alot for posting tho
think BRO meant check out the websites too ;)
anyhow ~ newly hatched leo's don't tend to eat for the first few days; instead they absorb any remaining eggyolk until they have their first shed, usually you can tell when this has happened as their first stool is pale in colour. I generally start offering small livefood round about day three ~ hatchling hoppers, micro crickets, mini mealworms etc; all food should be the appropriate size ie no more then the length of the leo's head or wider then the width between the leo's eyes.
Feeding times ~ daily; I put mini mealies in shallow dishes such as jamjar lids while crickets, etc are put in loose a few at a time
there's more info that may be of help here ~ Hatchling Leopard Gecko Care

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
think BRO meant check out the websites too ;)
anyhow ~ newly hatched leo's don't tend to eat for the first few days; instead they absorb any remaining eggyolk until they have their first shed, usually you can tell when this has happened as their first stool is pale in colour. I generally start offering small livefood round about day three ~ hatchling hoppers, micro crickets, mini mealworms etc; all food should be the appropriate size ie no more then the length of the leo's head or wider then the width between the leo's eyes.
Feeding times ~ daily; I put mini mealies in shallow dishes such as jamjar lids while crickets, etc are put in loose a few at a time
there's more info that may be of help here ~ Hatchling Leopard Gecko Care
Yeah - that was what I was pointing towards, checking out your site and the relevant section on hatchling care etc.
Was on my phone so didn't fancy typing War and Peace when it was all there already !
:2thumb:

·
Registered
9,392 Posts
Was on my phone so didn't fancy typing War and Peace when it was all there already !:2thumb:
lol I couldn't focus long enough to type War & Peace either so I cut and pasted from my site anyway : victory:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.