Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi i have a cb bred 1 year old baby redfoot, he will come with 4x2x2ft viv, arcaidia uv light holder, uv bulb, ceramic holder, ceramic bulb both komono and ceramic heat guard, and fitting and heat bulb and a 300w habistat theromstat and food dish, everything is on timers. He is stunning i have had him for around 4 months then found out i was expecting so i need the room back. These are an exotic breed and do not hibernate. they are exactly the same to care for as your common tortoises, only differences are they need to be misted once a day, with a water bottle which is provided ,and there diet is slightly different. they will eat exotic fruits ie mango, papaya occasionally as well as the salad. they also require protien, they need meat once a week, which can be given in the form of a pinky, little bit of chicken, or once a month cat food. They do get to a medium size but his viv is huge for him so i doubt even in 40 years time he would have outgrown it, in the warmer weather you can let him roam around the garden, but is still quite tiny for that. the sex is unknown as it is to small at the moment. no expense was spared on this set up and everything was bought new, i still have all the boxes for everything. the tortoise was purchased from a very reputablte shop, which i still have reciept for (northampton reptile centre). the set up and tortoise have cost me well over £600 in total. if you are interested or would like to know more dont hesitate to contact me. I am looking for offers near to £450. 07519860721 collection from northampton

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Hi I would put this in the classifieds section you will get more views. A couple of points though he/she will outgrow that viv quite quickly I'd say you've got 3-4 years. Red foots don't necessarily need animal protein I feed mine high protein veg and pellet food to get the protein content up. Meat protein can cause lumpy shell. Good luck with your sale.

Reactions: Ron Magpie

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi I would put this in the classifieds section you will get more views. A couple of points though he/she will outgrow that viv quite quickly I'd say you've got 3-4 years. Red foots don't necessarily need animal protein I feed mine high protein veg and pellet food to get the protein content up. Meat protein can cause lumpy shell. Good luck with your sale.
wasnt sure how you put it in classifields

1 - 4 of 4 Posts