Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Am preparing for this season's new arrivals hatching. Does anyone have any ideas for cheap and practical water bowls?
Last couple of years I've used bottle caps but have found they have drawbacks....they tip over very easily, even when I've fixed them to a wooden base.

Anyone with any other ideas, opinions appreciated!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I have been using up until now, and will use again this year unless I can find anything that works a little better. Unfortunately cheap solutions are not easy to come by!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Try and get some very small plastic storage pots ,maybe this kind of thing
0 6lt Round multi Box Rd multi 1
cut a hole in the top and only half fill it . i use this method for most sizes of snake , they can climb in and feel secure when in slough and even if they mange to knock it over ,which is hard to do it does not go everywhere :2thumb:

cheers paul.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
At the end of the day there isnt much out there. You could try fixing the bottle tops in one corner with blue tack or similar product but even then, the snakes would probably muscle that away from the edge.
I really dont think there is anything else. If there was, it would already be about & suggested/reccommended.

·
Registered
534 Posts
tea light holders from ikea, cost £1 for 12 and they cant tip them!

Couldnt agree more, they do two sizes which suite most hatchlings, ikea is perfect for them but you will look like a candle mental when you go in and buy 20 packs. I tried to make out that i was a closet romantic :lol2:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
99p glass ash tray... works for a bath too : victory:

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I'm not sure whether this would be too big for hatchling corns but I've just bought some ramekin pots from poundland. They come in a pack of three. I'm expecting baby boas soon though so as said, not sure whether they would be too big for corns. Hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
4,281 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
GU deserts were half price a while ago in Tesco, the puddings come in little glass pots (2 in each packet) that can be washed out and used as snake bowls and the cardboard packaging they come in are useful to use as hides for baby royals! Its the perfect excuse to buy yummy chocolate puddings! :mf_dribble:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts