Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I started making these taggy comforters when my granddaughter was a baby, as she had a thing for sucking on cloth, but often choked on whatever she was sucking on. She loved these comforters because she could suck the ribbons, but never choked on them. They also proved very popular with friend’s babies and so I started selling them on ebay.

Babies love to feel, suck and play with the ribbons on the comforter – lot of parents have told me that often when they give their children a soft toy, they instantly search for the label and play with that, rather than the toy! So if you have a young baby or small child like that, then this is the ‘toy’ for them!

My comforters are made with bright coloured patterned fleece on one side, with a matching plain fleece on the other (some are backed with a plain fleece with teddy bears embossed on it) and have lots of various bright colours, patterns, textures and widths of ribbons to attract the baby’s attention. The ribbons will vary depending on what I have in my 'stockpile', but they will all be different and none will be duplicated.

Some of the 'boy/girl' colours are specially themed for boys or girls with more 'boyish' or 'girly' ribbons.

I make 3 different sizes – the smallest is approx 8”-9”, the medium is about 10”-11” square and the large one is about 12”-14” square.

The small one is £3.50, the medium is £4.00 and the large is £4.50 and all are post free.

The ‘taggy’ will wash very well in the washing machine or by hand.

Also we are a non-smoking household.

Small cows - boys

Small teddy bears - boys

Small multi - this is girls, but I also do blue backs & blue ribbons for boys

Small flowery - girls

Medium 'Hello Kitty' - unisex

Medium frogs - unisex

Large cars - boys

Large bumble bees - unisex

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
could i order large car boys please?can you pm me your postage etc?thanks

·
Banned
745 Posts
happy days, £4.5 and free delivery nice, want 1 large girls please did like the flowers but thats only in small :-(

how'd you want me to pay

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
could i order large car boys please?can you pm me your postage etc?thanks
Sure can! It's post free and I'll pm you when it's ready.

happy days, £4.5 and free delivery nice, want 1 large girls please did like the flowers but thats only in small
So sorry, but I've only about 2 pieces of the flowery fleece left and they're already cut to make small ones. Last time I went to the shop to buy more they had none in stock and weren't expecting to get any more in.

The only other fabric I have, which I bought on that date is this one, but I haven't made any up in it yet - been kinda busy!!

I also make some in cotton fabric on one side and fleece on the other.

I have one of these left - it's about 11" square and for girls

and 2 pieces left cut out of the same fabric in blue for boys

This is another cotton/fleece one I make - unisex

·
Banned
745 Posts
hi, can i please have the cotton/fleece girl one, its really lovely looking! do you take paypal? if so please send me via pm :2thumb:

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
Aww these are lovely. Your right about babies and labels. I remember when my little one was younger and i found a large playskool soft toy label in his nappy with his daily doings :eek4:

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi, can i please have the cotton/fleece girl one, its really lovely looking! do you take paypal? if so please send me via pm :2thumb:

This one now sold!

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can i have a medium frog one? Can you take paypal?
Yes, I'll make one up for you tomorrow and pm you when it's done and yes I can take PayPal. thanks

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, everyone - a senior moment in my pricing. I'm afraid I'll have to charge £5.00 for the large ones, as they are too thick to post out as a 'large packet' and therefore will cost 90p to post.

Sorry about that!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts