Reptile Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Just Got A baby veiled today and put him in his tank but he hasnt eaten a thing!! dont know if that is due to stress? help please!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Don't panic my veiled chameleon George didn't eat on his first day either. Try again tomorrow - good luck!

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
I agree totally, dont worry too much he prob just needs a few days to settle in. Im sure he will start to eat once his settled in.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Most lizards need a settling in period and im sure your cham will be fine after aclimatising to his new environment. Offer food but try to avoid stressing about him too much for the next few days, he'll eat when he's feeling more comfortable.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Why dont sellers give people advice anymore?
Arrogance i think, or they just expect people to now *shrugs shoulders* im not to sure though.

And yup like everyone said, just let him settle in and dont handle or change anything witihn the viv, and all shall be fine within a few weeks ;)

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Arrogance i think, or they just expect people to now *shrugs shoulders* im not to sure though.

And yup like everyone said, just let him settle in and dont handle or change anything witihn the viv, and all shall be fine within a few weeks ;)
Wouldnt take long to give people some basic pointers..

If i had a reptile shop id make up some caresheets & offer them to people that bought reptiles..

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Wouldnt take long to give people some basic pointers..

If i had a reptile shop id make up some caresheets & offer them to people that bought reptiles..
Yer i know, but some people are just after the money, and dont really care if the person knows what they are doing or not, sad really but a tragic truth.

if i were to sell reps i would give out caresheets aswell

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Hi Just Got A baby veiled today and put him in his tank but he hasnt eaten a thing!! dont know if that is due to stress? help please!
Congrats in getting him : victory:
As everyone else has said he will be a bit stressed
and may take a few days to settle in so dont worry :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks everyone are you the two i met at ravin reptiles?

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Yeah thats was us :) Take it you got your bulb ok? I got my new exo terra so I can look for crested geckos at the show in doncaster :D Is your Cham male or female and does it have a name yet? :)
~Hana

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
hi tom , its simon from ravin reptiles. As everyone has advised let him settle for a few days . The shop where you got your cham from should have provided you with a care sheet..... If you wanna pop down we have some cham care sheets and im sure i could spare you one :lol2:.

If you need anything else give me a call .

P.S
pm me the shop where you got your cham from.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
i can undrestand people saying that the shop should give out care sheets but surely u should do some research before getting a pet?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i did my research obviosly snakearms, just woke up and shes had about 10 crix already!! happy now lol. her names karma (how Original) lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts