Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am i right in thinking they feel safer without? The viv looks a tad boring so i'm tempted to put a background up..or should i just get a fake plant?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Am i right in thinking they feel safer without? The viv looks a tad boring so i'm tempted to put a background up..or should i just get a fake plant?
our big beardie tried climbing our fake background , its quite funny seeing him trying to climb a rock thats a picture

rob

·
Registered
650 Posts
i use fake plants but be carefull when feeding i wouldnt use background unless maybe a plane one but im not to sure really

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The spare background i have is a desert...

Rob, thats exactly what i dont want to happen to be honest. Dont want him to feel in the open or hurt himself.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
i dont think it really matters as long as your viv isnt glass, i dont think the bd would feel any safer/not safe with it. i think fake plants look better, i dont really like the look of the backgrounds

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apparently thats why glass isnt the greatest as they feel too exposed..

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
You could put a fake rock wall on the back wall!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I haven't got a background and mine seem happy but i do like the idea of the fake rock one hmmmmmmmm might look into that lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
iv just put my beardie in a new viv and i have not put a back ground in yet but i dont think she cares as she just sits there looking out the doors all day in to the room

·
Registered
55 Posts
i used my old plated lizard bg, like a tropical forst, since mines a 5ft glass viv i felt he was too exposed, so i stuck it on and straight away he was running into the glass since he could see himself on the dark bg, or on the leaves he could see himself and sort of walked into the glass and i felt he was damaging himself so i removed it and hes fine again

i wouldnt use one, mines a baby but i wouldnt risk it.

:2thumb:

·
Registered
64 Posts
hmmmmmm

ok i have a glass viv and put a back ground on today, he tryed to climb up bits of it lol, he has only juststarted eating but need more hides any one have a ny goood idea of any good hides

·
Registered
999 Posts
My little nutcase of a BD has a Dinosaur background (picked by my kids honest) and spends a lot of time staring out the Stegasaurus or trying to jump on the T-Rex. Very funny but he is convinced it is a portal to a lost world!!! Bless 'im!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
You could put a fake rock wall on the back wall!
I have this on one wall for my two BDs and they seem to enjoy climbing it etc...
Ben

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
i like the fake backgrounds for the look of the viv but it all depends really on what you feed and how. Its a pain when you feed crickets and you dont watch them all get ate as they can hide behind the backing and then when your beardies ect are asleep they can bite your reptile and also feed off there feceas.
If you do decide to go for one made sure that you secure it properly to the back of the viv :)

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I have backgrounds for my bds and my female tries to climb it all the time :lol2:

·
Registered
64 Posts
lol

lol i just got rid off my back ground coz i have a glass one and decided to go out tomorrow and buy a wood viv, prob keep the heat in alot better and wont be able to be seen from all angles

still need to know what sort of hides i need to get tho

·
Registered
345 Posts
A shot of my all glass viv with my home made background.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Both our vivs have exo-terra fake rock backgrounds, the little ones love climbing it, and Vic and Tami lie on the top of ours at the vents. Amusing as hell seeing these lizards spark out, soaking up the UV and doing pancake impressions. :D

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
I use cork background from Petzoo for my AWD, she loves it - climbs all over it!

I'm waiting for the larger size to come in stock so I can put it in my BD viv. It looks wicked and it's practical.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have fake rock wall background, and a bamboo bridge and they love climbing up and down it...even though they are getting a little to big!

Think they prefer climbing the curtains instead, which i have seen a few times! Lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts