Reptile Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i said that id post when i found out what was wrong with me leo (archie) that i posted about on friday the post name was "looks like brusing" just to let everyone know that helped me out n stuff thank you, but today i had to get him put down :( took him to the vets and it turned out he had some kind of build up of liquid in the lower part of his body, not sure what caused it, but they said that chances of him serving the necessary operations was really slim, so it was the best thing to do for him. i am going to be getting another gecko (either another leo or a crestie dont know yet, open to suggestions on which would be best although will probably do another post for it at some point)

but this time im going to find somewhere that is much more reliable for reptiles, and make sure i know EVERYTHING that i need to know before i go buying stuff!!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
aww unlucky mate.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Sorry to hear that...R.I.P Lil Leo...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sorry to hear all the best

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss. You did the best you could for him. RIP little Archie

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
sorry for your loss:( RIP little one

·
Registered
559 Posts
poor little guy. well done to you though for taking some positive action - i've seen people post with animals in dire need of a vet visit but they refuse to take them.
at least he's not in any pain now, and you really did all you could.

·
Banned
6,748 Posts
poor little guy. well done to you though for taking some positive action - i've seen people post with animals in dire need of a vet visit but they refuse to take them.
at least he's not in any pain now, and you really did all you could.
Really sorry to hear that :( but im sure you did your best

just for future referance and im sure you dont want to hear it at the min but if you do start looking for another Reptile try someone on here at least that way you can get feedback from the members that have dealt with the breeders and we can all let you know how good they are with their reptiles :)

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
really sorry to hear this, but when i saw that pic i knew there was somthign wrong, well done for goign to the vets,

RIP lil thing

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Really sorry to hear that :( but im sure you did your best

just for future referance and im sure you dont want to hear it at the min but if you do start looking for another Reptile try someone on here at least that way you can get feedback from the members that have dealt with the breeders and we can all let you know how good they are with their reptiles :)
Yeah im planning to get another reptile at some point, but will probably be after christmas, because i dont think it would be a good idea to get one now as i will be moving home for Christmas for 3 weeks then coming back again (the joys of university) so i thought it would be a little unfair to get something n have them not properly settle somewhere for a fair while (mothers advice, but it seems to make sense) but im gunna be looking into what i want to get next up until then and finding all there is to know to avoid a repeat of 2days events, and will also try to take your advice about getting one from a breeder on here, im also quite interested in maybe breeding some kind of reptile myself cuz it sounds really interesting, and i like fair bit of work. we will have to see:smile:

also thanks to everyone whos posted on here today has made me feel at least a little better about the whole thing :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Aww,. my condolences. Its horrible to think it was only last week i looked at a pic of the little fella.

Good luck in finding a new pal

R.I.P Archie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts