Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Generally the reptile stores in Plymouth are very good, but i encountered one today that was very much sub-standard in their cleanliness and snake care. There are snakes pretty much in dirty wooden enclosures, poop lying around, no hides to secure themselves,its quite upsetting. Has anyone ever complained formally about a pet stroe, and can anyone tell me who too????

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I would engage them in friendly conversation first and then get round to pointing out whats wrong and say that they would do better business if their animals were looking tip top. If they deny or get the ar:censor:e with you or you go back and it hasn't improved report them to your local councils enviromental health dept. as they issue/inspect for pet shop license.

·
Registered
661 Posts
The council as there the ones who give out the pet shop licences and would do alot more then the Rspca as they very rarely know any thing about snakes but maybe try talking to the shop workers first ? whole lot of hassle to go through when all that might be needed is a bit of advice ? :2thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts