Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new hatchling ball python from the Midsomer Norton Show today and when I got home I offered him a small mouse, he smelt it a bit and looked interested but then lost interest completely and didn't take it. I wondered if there was anything wrong as he had last fed this Tuesday?
Plz Help
Cheers

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
general rule is you leave snakey for 1 week before even offering food (no handling either)
snakes (especially royals ) are very easily stressed out

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
I just got a new hatchling ball python from the Midsomer Norton Show today and when I got home I offered him a small mouse, he smelt it a bit and looked interested but then lost interest completely and didn't take it. I wondered if there was anything wrong as he had last fed this Tuesday?
Plz Help
Cheers
what i do, is blow the smell of the mouse in there once the snake is out and about looking and the touge is going i hold it close to him not right in the snake face but he may stay there looking at it for couple of mins but he should take it ive done it too my 2 non feeders and i dont get the mouse wet.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
picked several snakes up including royals all have fed str8 away same day
so never had a problem if they dont which 1 might've just leave till i feed them next week

1 - 4 of 4 Posts