Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on holiday for a week and came back to find my adult ball pythons' mouth was open. Upon closer inspection I noticed that its glottis was blocked with a thick creamy white substance, almost rubber like.
I managed to squeeze it out but I'm worried wether this problem will return in the future.

I don't know what caused this issue, what it means or how to treat it.

So any help or advise would be brilliant,

Thank you.

·
Registered
8,687 Posts
I went on holiday for a week and came back to find my adult ball pythons' mouth was open. Upon closer inspection I noticed that its glottis was blocked with a thick creamy white substance, almost rubber like.
I managed to squeeze it out but I'm worried wether this problem will return in the future.

I don't know what caused this issue, what it means or how to treat it.

So any help or advise would be brilliant,

Thank you.
If in doubt vet check it out, asap

·
Registered
985 Posts
Never heard of anything like it, but sounds like it could be serious; definitely one for the vet.

·
Registered
16,636 Posts
Sounds like an R.I.

Get the vet to do a culture if you can.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
At that point I would have took it straight to a vet. As above, could be an Ri, I wouldn't know, I've not yet had one (touch wood) but from what I've read they can have a white substance in the throat. Is it bubbling from nose or mouth as well?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.