Reptile Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, With the head wobble thing,
My banana (first ever Royal) seems a bit wobbly, not like all the others when you turn upside down and they right themselves back up straight away, he seems a bit whirly if that makes sense before righting himself. It’s not horrendous or anything just we notice he’s dopey say. He strike feeds every time and gets the rat perfectly, no problems there at all. He just seems kind of, as said, dopey?... Also got one little eye as I’ve said before on here. Banana mum and dad, no spider in them as far as aware. My other half contacting the shop back along through his work where he got him for me but never was able to get ahold of them and find out details for the breeder etc. Nightmare!
Wondered if anyone else has had this in their snakes where there is no know problems we know of, like with spiders and bees etc where we know there are problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Can't really comment as I've not got bamboo in any of my Royals, but I've never heard of any issues with head wobble or corkscrewing in the same way spider is renowned for.

Could be that just that individual has some neurological issues ?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't really comment as I've not got bamboo in any of my Royals, but I've never heard of any issues with head wobble or corkscrewing in the same way spider is renowned for.

Could be that just that individual has some neurological issues ?

Bamboo?
He’s a Banana. :)
And yeah I’m wondering also if just something there neurological.
No one else I know with a banana has the problem so he’s just a bit special lol.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
It could have something to do with diet, what are you feeding it?
Rats? Lol
I know things come across differently in type than when spoken, but that response seems a tad sarcastic...

That member asked a bona fide question. These snakes don't just get fed rats. They accept all types of rodents and birds... Multis, large lab mice, hamsters, small guinea pigs and dago's can all be offered...

·
Registered
876 Posts
Just because you don't think it has any of the genes that can have neurological issues, does not mean that it doesn't.

I would imagine that many royals are a melting pot of undisclosed traits.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know things come across differently in type than when spoken, but that response seems a tad sarcastic...

That member asked a bona fide question. These snakes don't just get fed rats. They accept all types of rodents and birds... Multis, large lab mice, hamsters, small guinea pigs and dago's can all be offered...

Oh no, Wasn’t sarcastic at all, Infact I didn’t even realise it said lol til you just brought to attention! So, sorry to person before haha, but yeah rats!
No I know a lot are fed mice or chicks also etc.
My lot only get rats though. A couple before I had them were on rats and Multis too. But just rats here.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just because you don't think it has any of the genes that can have neurological issues, does not mean that it doesn't.

I would imagine that many royals are a melting pot of undisclosed traits.

Yeah I get that. I know parents were both bananas and that’s as far as it goes.
Grandparents could of had something in but without being able to find out the lineage etc as other half tried many times to do, I will never know. I’m rehoming some of my royals now, and he was going to be rehomed but I don’t know if I can trust he will go to someone who wouldn’t breed him so for now he shall stay. I don’t think he should be bred at all and being a pretty snake I think someone would try
Plus he has an eye smaller than the other so he is very special

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yeah I get that. I know parents were both bananas and that’s as far as it goes.
Grandparents could of had something in but without being able to find out the lineage etc as other half tried many times to do, I will never know. I’m rehoming some of my royals now, and he was going to be rehomed but I don’t know if I can trust he will go to someone who wouldn’t breed him so for now he shall stay. I don’t think he should be bred at all and being a pretty snake I think someone would try
Plus he has an eye smaller than the other so he is very special

Fair play.

May just be a case of dodgy incubation, but more than likely its a genetic flaw

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fair play.

Fair play.

Yeah been told the eye could be incubation. He was only one with a small eye as that’s the only thing that was found out. We wondered if would ‘pop’ out haha. But he’s a year + now and still a pirate as my 5 year old calls him.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts