Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I was just wondering for how long u can leave bark hide in the viv? I've mine since November and I thought is just the time to replace it... Is there any specific time for how long u can keep it?
Thanks ;)

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
As in cork bark? As long as you want, I've had 2 pieces for almost a year now in one of my vivs, as long as the snake doesn't sh*t all over it then it's fine.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I have got some thats Years old, Maybe 4-5 years old..

Not too good for Corns though as they tend to shyte all over it..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I guess it's a cork bark hide... Looks like piece of wood ripped off from a tree :p it's for my ball :) so it's ok to keep it as it is still in a good looking condition ;)
Thanks for all your replays :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
A 20 minute soak in a mild bleach solution sorts the shite out though, then a good rinse and pop it in a cool oven for a while or the airing cupboard overnight to dry. ..... Sorted.

Don't other snakes shite then, sounds wonderful ..... Or do they just not do it while they are on the move or from a great height like mine do!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like a good plan ;) thanks, but mine bal is kind a clean a shyts in same place all the time ;)

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
A 20 minute soak in a mild bleach solution sorts the shite out though, then a good rinse and pop it in a cool oven for a while or the airing cupboard overnight to dry. ..... Sorted.

Don't other snakes shite then, sounds wonderful ..... Or do they just not do it while they are on the move or from a great height like mine do!
Pythons and Boas dont s**t nearly as much as a corn would.

Reactions: MR MIYAGI

·
Registered
6,902 Posts

My corns seem to shit more often than I do lol, and they seem to have a habit of smearing it all over the place. My pythons on the other hand hold it in for over a month sometimes, then leave me a nice little pile in the corner of the viv.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Sorry to hijack thread, but our cork bark in our CRB's rub is going all white, dunno if it's him rubbing his own shit and stuff over it or if it's going mouldy???

-Luke

·
Registered
415 Posts
Sorry to hijack thread, but our cork bark in our CRB's rub is going all white, dunno if it's him rubbing his own shit and stuff over it or if it's going mouldy???

-Luke

it's probably dried piss/urates, mildew is a possibility in a humid enclosure but I've yet to see that happen so more likely the former.

i put all the viv furniture for my CRB in the dishwasher without any soap and it comes out great.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
it's probably dried piss/urates, mildew is a possibility in a humid enclosure but I've yet to see that happen so more likely the former.

i put all the viv furniture for my CRB in the dishwasher without any soap and it comes out great.
Could actually be mildew, we have a VERY damp house, hence why we're moving, and obviously the CRB has a rather humid rub, always condensation on the side and lid of the rub

-Luke

1 - 11 of 11 Posts