Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

aint they the sweetest, been pestering for rats for years and since he said no more reptiles i couldnt resist these two

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Theyre lovely little hoods Kerrie... but can I just say its best not to keep them on saw dust... its bad for their respitory system... its best to use tissue/paper etc.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh didnt know that i will take them off it, its been 10 years since my last rat

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Awww, cute little ratties :lol:

Wouldnt worry too much about the wood shavings. If it is dust extracted, which most proper pet ones are now, it shouldnt cause a problem. Iv always kept mine on it...I have had a few!

I had babies a a year or so ago, so gorgeous when they are that age! Couldnt help but keep them, so I had 28 pet rats :lol: I only bred them as a one off to experience it, so they were all kept as pets after that which was great :lol: So friendly...:lol:

Hope you enjoy your little mates! :lol:

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
No wood shavings aint a prob. I had mine on wood shavinds and like shreded cloth stuff you buy in pets at home or something.I love rats.
I dont have any at the moment and probly wont again:(. I Had a rat called Bella, tought she was loanly so decided to get 2 more females, for company, carn't remember but think had 2 split them up. week later 1 of the females had babys 10 so now i had 13 rats8 gals, nd 5 boys:)
They were nice pets.

·
Registered
662 Posts
i have 2 left my male husky rat died about 3 months ago and my female black hooded rat died a month ago. i still have 2 female hooded rats one black the other cream.

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
I love rats. they have to be the friendliest pet you could get :D We have nine now and its great when they all run out to great us when we enter the room :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts