Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys & girls :D

Can anyone tell me where i can get 40w basking lamps that have bayonet fittings online?

Thanks in advance

phil

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Just goto B&Q, Homebase, your local DIY store hell Tesco.... They are basically 40w spot bulbs. Don't go getting your nickers in a twist for one with a reptile on, they are all the same! :wink:

·
Registered
81 Posts
The ones from DIY stores & supermarkets tend to be screw fit reflector bulbs not bayonet ones. Only place ive ever found any locally is at my local rep shop, company called crompton make them. On the net there is a site called netlamps that sell them pretty cheaply but think you have to order a minimum amount of about 10..?

Hope this helps mate

Steve

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
you can always check Maplin.co.uk, screwfix.co.uk and other diy sites.... order enough and it becomes cheaper. You then have spares! Handy when you have loads of snakies!

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
You do tend to see screw fits more often, i saw bayonett ones in wilkinsons the other day tho.
also you can get the bayonet to screw trransformers and vice versa.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
DEANandTRESE said:
You do tend to see screw fits more often, i saw bayonett ones in wilkinsons the other day tho.
also you can get the bayonet to screw trransformers and vice versa.
Thats true transformers are quite common.. there are some in my local maplin but they do add an inch the length of the cable and bulb..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts