Reptile Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Was wondering if anyone could help turned my bd's lights on this morning and notice his basking light wasn't working so I gave it a wiggle thinking it had just come loose but it's blown.

I no they can't cope without there light's for long but I'm not able to get a new one until this evening at bout 5.30 will he be ok until then.
Or is there anything else I can use until then.

I normally turn his light on at 8 in the morning and turn it of between 8-9 at night.

I'm a worrier I no but prefer to be safe then sorry.

Thanks all
Andrea

·
Registered
392 Posts
This exact same thing happend to me a while ago, but it happend late evening so I wasn't able to get one until the next morning. I basically put a small cats heatmat in his tank, but covered it completely with a towl, so he never had direct contact with the mat. If you don't have a heat mat, then a possiblt option is to use a hot water bottle, and cover with a towel, but obviously be EXTREMLEY careful that the bottle is covered with a towl, so he doesnt get belly burns. Or you could keep him in a cat carrier with a towel in a very warm room, if it's just for a few hours?

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
should be fine.
For future reference..keep a spare :0
i know at £7 a pop its iffy but you dont need [nor iss thier any benefit to] a reptile brand bulb, a normal reflector bulb of the same wattage from a hardware store, woolworths, maplin or wilconsins will do the exact same job at 15% of the price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts