Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can royals be put in the bath?? Do they enjoy a soak as Id love to be able to do it with mine and think it would be real beneficial if they enjoy them, especially when coming into a shed???

Sorry if any1 feels this is a stupid question but id really like to know xx :D

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Lol.... no such thing as a stupid question!!! As far as an answer goes... it might depend on the snake itself. One of mine (the 4ft+) gets a bath every so often and seems happy about it, but the little one freaked out totally when I tried it with her! She does like the hand basin though - so it might be a size/security thing?? Try it and see!!

I don't handle mine at all when they're in shed though 'cso they're grumpy and uncomfortable- the only time they hiss at me is when I don't realise they've gone blue overnight and accidentally disturb them.

Oh - and wash your bath/sink out well afterwards - can't remember how many but a disturbing number of american kids seem to die from salmonella that way!

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
I popped Jumanji in there Yesterday, She seemed to enjoy it. But i beleive she would of prefered a smaller soak, Shes 4ft and i put her in the bath, she kind of got a bit nippy in the bath (Nippy as in fast not mouthing) But over all, she was total whipping her tail about or hissing or anything. A bason or a old litter tray would do nicely. Or even a sink (Very clean.)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Robbie loves the bath occassionaly at the end of a shed, but I tend not to put the 'bubbles' in :lol: Robertta is smaller but will tollerate the sink at 'bad shed time' with some extra virgin oil in - just like me - sings 'Like a Virgin' :lol:

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
The only stupid question is an unasked question!

You may find she will enjoy it more if you put bark chunks in the bath with her-- makes the space more enclosed, and when she's had enough of swimming she can climb on the bark to dry off
:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts