Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my beardy is now 8 weeks old and i was wandering about givin him a bath. am just abit unsure if this would be ok, i dont wanthim freaking out

thanx dan

·
Registered
10 Posts
start him off small,
water only upto his belly,
place somthin in there for him to clim to and from the bath,
id put him on this and see if he comes down on his own first,
if not place him in the water next to it so he can clime out if he wants to,
also the water needs to be luke warm.
if any1 has an alternative ? feel free im learning 2

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
mine hated baths at first so i did short ones often, now she quite enjoys them, a big bath freaks her out, so i do it in a plastic tub, the washing up bowl is too small and the baths too big, make it warm and no deeper than your BD's shoulder height, keep an eye on him though because he'll probably crap in the water.

·
Registered
846 Posts
old baby baths are brilliant for bathing beardies in and cheap to pick up at car booties,
dont be worried if you see him flatten out and look like a discus lol all mine done this and it scared the hell outta me at first,
dont keep them in the bath too long as they get cold quickly

·
Registered
849 Posts
At first bath him short but often like someone said.. 88F - 92F degrees is a good water temp. Put a flannel or something textured on the floor so they can run, and put a rock or something so they can climb out of the water if they need to.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
do you need to dry them off a bit before putting them back in the viv? or will they bask and dry?

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
I put mine in wet, she dries off in about a minute and i dont use sand so dont have any problems with it sticking to her.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts