Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long do your snakes bath for...

I am asking this as my snake seems to have been bathing all day so far (at least from 8:30 til now) is that a long time?
Also, he might not have been in that long but i have just got home for lunch and he is in his lil water thing.

If this is too much of a long time.. any possible reasons? Humidity?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
coming upto shed maybe....??

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
If it's not mites (look at surface of waterbowl - any drowned ones?), could be a few things..... He due a shed anytime soon? Viv temps normal?? Room any hotter than usual (which can raise the cool end temp of the viv and make the water the coolest safe place to sit)?? Or he might just feel like a bit of a soak... as long as you can't find any problems which might be causing it, I'd not worry too much just yet. One of mine likes to sit in her water for a day or two every so often.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
See I worried as one of my kings loves to bathe.. she will spend all day in her water bowl.. she isn't about to shed and hasn't got mites.. I just think she enjoys it personally.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well there is nothing drowned in the water other than two small bits of bark.

I will be honest, I dont know when he is due to shed.. I will pop into the place i got him from tomo and find out as that is one of the things i forgot to ask, I was more interested to know how well he feeds.

viv temps and room temps are the same as they have been since.. well.. the begingin..

For now i will assume it is the coming up to shed or it is like NNY and amanda say, he enjoys it...

*thinks*
hehe, now all i need to do is make the water boil and it would be the longest noodle i have ever cooked

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
oxymoron said:
*thinks*
hehe, now all i need to do is make the water boil and it would be the longest noodle i have ever cooked
:? :shock: :lol: Don't let him hear you say that!!!! Poor little Noodlikins!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well he has finished his bath... over 12 hours..
i would be a complete prune!

guess he just wanted a bath. I am still going to find out when his last shed was

1 - 9 of 9 Posts