Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

my 16 month old BCC shed two weeks ago and retained the last 4mm or so of the tail tip.

The viv was plenty humid and the rest of the skin came off smoothly in one piece. She is eating every ten days and seems otherwise healthy.

After couple of days I put in a box of damp sphagnum moss pre-heated to 30C, she spends a good deal of time in this but the tail tip skin has not shifted.

Obviously I'm very keen to get this off asap an before she sheds again. I can see the edge of the skin and could possibly get hold of it with tweezers, but it doesn't look to be very loose, I don't want to cause stress or damage.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Jeremy

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Hi Jeremy

The easiest way will be to dampen a tea towel or something and let the snake move through it whilst in your hands and after a few gentle attempts it should come off in the towel in your hands (put a bit of pressure on obviously)

Tails are a pain, it doesn't get easier the bigger they get either, lol!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Jeremy

The easiest way will be to dampen a tea towel or something and let the snake move through it whilst in your hands and after a few gentle attempts it should come off in the towel in your hands (put a bit of pressure on obviously)

Tails are a pain, it doesn't get easier the bigger they get either, lol!
Yeah, I've had the same problem a few times, Just follow what Ant said and it should be fine! I would recommend grabbing the skin with tweezers as it may stress the snake out!

Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts