Reptile Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
BCI is Boa constrictor imperator (common boa)

BCC is Boa constrictor constrictor

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Carry on Mark! Bca, Bcl, Bcm, Bcs, Bcn, Bc occidentalis, B.c. ortoni, B.c. orophias,
No need to go over the top now is there:whistling2:

·
Registered
13,987 Posts
a bci is a redtail....no

a common is a re ....no thats wrong

redtails come from madaga.......NO NO NO

a B.C.C has common.....fcuk fcuk fcuk

all boas are the same

hope this helps

ian

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
a bci is a redtail....no

a common is a re ....no thats wrong

redtails come from madaga.......NO NO NO

a B.C.C has common.....fcuk fcuk fcuk

all boas are the same

hope this helps

ian
That reminded me of an old joke:

A man writes to a zoo;

"Please send me 2 mongeese. No, no, that's not right."

"Please send me 2 mongi. No, that can't be right."

"Please send me 2 mongooses. Oh dear, that's wrong."

"Please send me a mongoose."

"P.S. send me another."

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Yes, Common Boas are BCIs.

Generally when people comment on having a BCI they are referring to a Common/Colombian Boa Constrictor, but one thing to keep in mind is that while all Common Boas are BCIs, not all BCIs are Commons/Colombians. Also in that family are Hog Island Boas, Caulker Cays, Cancuns, Crawl Cays, Corn Islands, etc, etc.

Hopefully that helps. :)

·
Registered
35,069 Posts
Yes, Common Boas are BCIs.

Generally when people comment on having a BCI they are referring to a Common/Colombian Boa Constrictor, but one thing to keep in mind is that while all Common Boas are BCIs, not all BCIs are Commons/Colombians. Also in that family are Hog Island Boas, Caulker Cays, Cancuns, Crawl Cays, Corn Islands, etc, etc.

Hopefully that helps. :)
all Bci's are 'commons' common boa is just the 'common' name for Bci, hog islands, caulker cays, are all common boas.

unfortunately the term 'common boa' being a common name, has come to mean 'mutt'. Mainly because people weren't that interested in localities as they were in morphs.

Maybe one day soem of the localities will have their own subspecies recognition

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
all Bci's are 'commons' common boa is just the 'common' name for Bci, hog islands, caulker cays, are all common boas.

unfortunately the term 'common boa' being a common name, has come to mean 'mutt'. Mainly because people weren't that interested in localities as they were in morphs.

Maybe one day soem of the localities will have their own subspecies recognition

I understand that, but for the sake of lack of confusion with common names (I.E. most people will call a Hog Island a Hog Island, not a Common boa) I thought it best to term it the way I did. Sorry if I added to the confusion rather than subtracted. ;)

I do agree though, I am more of a locality person than a morph person, and it gets frustrating to sort through all of the different mixes being labeled as certain BCI localities in order to find the real thing. I would imagine it would be even harder for someone who was new to these snakes who thought they were getting a dwarf locality and ended up with a 6-8+ foot mix instead.

·
Registered
35,069 Posts
I understand that, but for the sake of lack of confusion with common names (I.E. most people will call a Hog Island a Hog Island, not a Common boa) I thought it best to term it the way I did. Sorry if I added to the confusion rather than subtracted. ;)

I do agree though, I am more of a locality person than a morph person, and it gets frustrating to sort through all of the different mixes being labeled as certain BCI localities in order to find the real thing. I would imagine it would be even harder for someone who was new to these snakes who thought they were getting a dwarf locality and ended up with a 6-8+ foot mix instead.
totally with you mate.

The number of 'dwarfs' for sale is mind boggling, I would mind betting that the majority end up being average colombian sizes : victory:

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
totally with you mate.

The number of 'dwarfs' for sale is mind boggling, I would mind betting that the majority end up being average colombian sizes : victory:
oh please dont say that:gasp:

ill be gutted if i end up with a 9ft el salvador:lol2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts