Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much do pastel bci hatchlings usually go for?
also how much do super sunglow hatchlings usually go for?

·
Registered
15,628 Posts
hot hatchlings as they give birth to live young - neonates for the young uns.

pastel depends entirely on the quality, and line of the pastel. you can have ordinary clean bci's being passed off for pastels that can go for £120 - and then you can have line bred pastels that have been bred for generations to produce the characteristics being sold for £300. at shows they are often considerably cheaper.

super sunglows are still very rare in the uk, i would hazard a guess at a neonate being around £2500 or more.

Alex

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hot hatchlings as they give birth to live young - neonates for the young uns.

pastel depends entirely on the quality, and line of the pastel. you can have ordinary clean bci's being passed off for pastels that can go for £120 - and then you can have line bred pastels that have been bred for generations to produce the characteristics being sold for £300. at shows they are often considerably cheaper.

super sunglows are still very rare in the uk, i would hazard a guess at a neonate being around £2500 or more.

Alex

thanks bery much for this.
also another question if you dont mind, does the colouration become more intense with age? as some of the pastels i have seen, seem very dull looking, or is this just because the ideal one that i have in my head are those line bred pastels? thanks, dan.

·
Registered
15,628 Posts
can go either way. they usually brighten up after their first shed. can get more intense with age, can get more dull with age - i think it depends on the line and quality.

saying that i havent had that much experience with pastels, i tend to stick with the genetic morphs, so someone may be able to direct you further.

Alex

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can go either way. they usually brighten up after their first shed. can get more intense with age, can get more dull with age - i think it depends on the line and quality.

saying that i havent had that much experience with pastels, i tend to stick with the genetic morphs, so someone may be able to direct you further.

Alex
do you have msn mate?
just as you seem to be awnsering quite a few peoples questions and you seem very knowledgeable, so i would appreciate it if i could come to you for help whenever, also i could just chat in general.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts