Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit concerned about my Dragons right eye, every so often (every few weeks roughly) he seems to puff out his eye, so his eye protrudes instead of being sunken, when he does this his eye looks a bit... milky (cant think of a better word), and looks a little watery. This will last 10 seconds or so - he'll blink a few times and his eye goes back to normal.

Any ideas? Anyone else experienced this with their BD?

Just to clear up a few Q's that usually get asked..

Temps; 110-115 basking
100 hot end
85-90 cold end

uvb 10 about inches off the viv floor which is just kitchen roll. He's roughly 8 months old, about 12-14 inches long and eats well enough on the usual suspects; crickets, mealworms, smaller locust, waxworms.. doesnt eat too much veggy though. Calcium supplemented daily, nutrobol twice a week.

Has recently seemed a bit lethargic, well not entirely true, some days, he'll just want to come out and run around all day, literally for 6-8 hours (which i dont allow - 20 mins ish out then back in the tank usually) BUT somedays he wont move off his rock all day, can last for a few days and he often tries to shy from his lamp and hide as early as 2/3pm! (lightcycle 8-8ish), on these days he rarely defficates but actually eats more (seems more interested in running about on his lively days then in food)

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump!

no ideas...

·
Registered
754 Posts
Has he changed colour atall, or shed lately? Does this eye 'popping' coinside with shedding? As it is common for beardies to flex their beards, eyes pre shed.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
They will eye pop to clean the eye which is no probs. Does your BD have sore eyes or keep them closed?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They will eye pop to clean the eye which is no probs. Does your BD have sore eyes or keep them closed?
No he's always got them open, watching you over his shoulder.. But his eyes do look abit red sometimes.. Theres no "gunk" or anything as far as i can see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts