Reptile Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a bit concerned that sydney(bd) has gone off his crickets all together. he was in the corner with them and he was "running away" from them. He eats them sometimes if i hold them in front of him and they're dead but today he's not intrested at all! eating his salad though. Any suggestions to why would be greatfully recieved!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
what substrate do you use?
I have an idea what it could be because i've experienced similar symptons before but i'm not saying anything yet

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is it possible that he is shedding or about to shed. My beardie lost his appetite and would only eat what was hand fed to him when he shedded last week. This week he's back to normal eating about twenty crickets in a sitting :roll:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
derek m i think that's the problem shedd quite a bit today so i've sprayyed him again. so hopefully he will be back to normal soon

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
ducks_rule said:
derek m i think that's the problem shedd quite a bit today so i've sprayyed him again. so hopefully he will be back to normal soon
hmm, let us no how he is after he's finished shedding over the next few days and if he starts eating again.

remember don't constantly spray him, in excess over short periods of mtime, it can cause more harm than good

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, any tips on what to do? shop never really gave us any tips.
Sorry neonius if i sounded short i had literally just got out of bed. I'll let you know how he is. Getting easier to handle now doesnt run away as much, and seems to like friends and anything with loud music.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
nah don't be sorry ducks_rule, :)
wasn't sure how serious the problem was, it might be that he's just having a 'i can't be bothered eating today, not hungry, yuk crixs manky!' period.

try giving him some locusts or a waxworm and see how he reacts to those.

like i said before, keep us updated on what happens :wink:

hope its just him having an off day or two

·
Registered
250 Posts
i have had same problem seems to gradually be eating more now, might be time of the month?

i changed his food size so that might be the same with you? and he had also just shedded that can usually be the reason for not eating...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well he hasnt eaten today again, but he has done quite a bit of sheddin. i'll have to go to get some wax worms or locusts from the lizard shop in town. Hmm not changed size but the crickets i bought last thursday compared to the ones we bought when we had him seem to be considerably smaller. i'll try feedin him again tomorow and if he doesnt eat i'll let you know. Thank you for all you help, hope he is just havin an i cnt b bothered to eat couple of days.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I tend to spray twice a day when he's shedding, once in the morning and once at night. Varying his diet can also help but don't overdo the wax worms.

By the way is he eating his greens?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well opened his crikcet tub in front of him this mornin and he was attacking it and when i let them lose he cornered one and ate it straight away and he was much more hungry and eatin! Yea he's eating his greens today he never ate them over the weekend though.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
ducks_rule said:
well opened his crikcet tub in front of him this mornin and he was attacking it and when i let them lose he cornered one and ate it straight away and he was much more hungry and eatin! Yea he's eating his greens today he never ate them over the weekend though.
looks like it was just a i don't wanna eat period

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
he eats his crickets no problem in the morning but doesnt seem that intrested in the night, and since this morning he seems to have changed colour.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
ducks_rule said:
he eats his crickets no problem in the morning but doesnt seem that intrested in the night, and since this morning he seems to have changed colour.
ye, sounds good to me, he wouldn't be expected to eat much in the evening, beardies shouldn't really be fed after 2 hours previous to their lights going out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ẁe feed him bout 7 and his lights go off at 9 but he wnt chase them or anything wnt eat them when we hold them in front of him. he doesnt like it when we put our hands in the tank but when he comes out he's happy. and this mornin he was really intrested in frasier

1 - 16 of 16 Posts