Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have two 3month old bearded dragons, and one of them has been acting strange? :? The bigger one of the two has been hiding alot latley and never used to do it, but scince the last 2weeks he spends most of his time hiding???!! but the other bd does'nt care, that one comes out and just cuddles up to you then falls asleep when comfortable, lol. but if i was to get the bigger one out, he has a nose about then has to find a loose bit of clothing, or a dark spot in my hand to hide then settle down? whats going on?!! :? :? :? :help:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
just a fe questions

has he been eating normally?

has he been getting enough time basking? maybe the other BD has been bullying him off the basking spot.

Is his beard black when hiding?

Is he showing signs of shedding?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi people, i dont know if there is bulling goin on manda i have seen them afew times ave a quick go at each other very rarley, but apart from that not really. after their little tiff they always cuddle up as if to say sorry. lol

and neonius, yea he has been eating, he hides uder the shelter or the jungle vine plant which is located in the hot side of the tank. afew times i have seen him a black colour and not really signs of shedding? :?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
personaly i would seperate them for a while and see how he gets on then as if it is bullying he should be ok apart from his friend are tey both males?
manda xx

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im sure, one of them is male deffanatley male the other one is abit too small to tell yet. if anything its the little one who im not sure what sex it is doing the shoving about! lol

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
TAZZ008 said:
im sure, one of them is male deffanatley male the other one is abit too small to tell yet. if anything its the little one who im not sure what sex it is doing the shoving about! lol
theres a good chance that that the problem, 2 male BDs equal bad.

·
Registered
250 Posts
yeh mine was doing that alot around the same age aswell, he being pooing regularly? mine was constipated i had to move the sand out just put paper down and he is fine now did 2 poos about the same size of him!!! so it could be that...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts