Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my beardie has just been moved into a 3.5 foot by 18in by 18in tank and he hasnt eaten since. Even before i moved him he was sick. first time in a long time. And wouldnt eat for 1 or 2 days.
Ani help?
thanks, Joe

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
do you mean he was sick as in ill, or physically sick, if he was actually sick it could be internal parasites, if not he could just be being lazy and the viv change has stressed him a bit.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
what are your temps?? and what was the matter with him before he moved?? If it was just before xmas, may just be his cooling down cycle.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think he vomited. i saw a black substance in the sand. He was fed manybe 8-10 crikts then the next day he wouldnt eat. Today he is happy looking but wont eat.
Im not sure what the temps are but he is a nice greeny colour when hes in the light.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
firstly, get a thermometer in the viv, 2 if possible, 1 in the basking end and 1 in the cooler end, secondly, how old is he and roughly what size is he, and most importantly, does he have uv?

just out of curiosity, what equipment do you have in the viv.....e.g heat mat, radiator, bask bulb (what colour)...........ect.ect.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hes about 1 and a half. i measured him last week and he was exactly 14in. yes he has a UV. i dont give him the drops.
there is 1 small plastic plant in the corner, 2 drinkers, 1 feeder. its got holes in it. when he was smaller, he could fit in then. i now just use it as a basic feeder, beaded with cleaned non toxis playsand(on saturday im getting exoterra sand) about 4 wooden basking logs, all by the heat lamp, a 60watt bulb(a normal one), and a long blue UV.
Well hes not green, but when he is basking he goes a bright happy colour.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
try replacing the 60 watt with a 100 watt and is your uv a uva/uvb what percentage is it your best with an 8% 10's are good too.u say hes a yr and a half now? beardies of that age tend not to eat everyday.maybe hes just no hungry.and u do really need to get a thermostat in there.just to make sure he is at the right temps.will help him digest properly.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
not meaning to nag, but do you give him calcium and nutrabol supliments? also try giving a bit of bark away from the basking bulb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts