Reptile Forums banner

BD's claws

593 views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  speedy123 
#1 ·
my BD's claws getting pretty sharp and hurting when he wants to get away lol!

i was wondering how much is it to get them cut at the vets???

#2 ·
dont know, can you not do it?
have u ever tried?

#4 ·
ive got n adult beardie dat ive ad for 2 yrs n we cut dem our self its pretty easy if u no wot ur cuttin on da beardies claws dey av a lil black bit goin dwn da middle den it stops like da tip of ur finga den da rest is alwhite an rele long cut it just below the black bit da claws will still b sharp but nat as sharp i use toe nail clipers its easier ope dids elps

#8 ·
reptile-kid said:
ive got n adult beardie dat ive ad for 2 yrs n we cut dem our self its pretty easy if u no wot ur cuttin on da beardies claws dey av a lil black bit goin dwn da middle den it stops like da tip of ur finga den da rest is alwhite an rele long cut it just below the black bit da claws will still b sharp but nat as sharp i use toe nail clipers its easier ope dids elps
I think there's some good advice in this somewhere. Any chance you could write it again but without the text talk. I'm guessing your not in that much of a rush and it would be easier to read.

Thanks

#10 ·
Well I know on guinea pigs (not the same I know) they have small bloody vessels called quicks at the very top of the nail... You can only cut the tops off. I'm guessing its very much the same. No harm in cutting the tops off I expect but you should get some logs, stone, slate in your viv so there wear down over time.

#11 ·
ok i will explain RK's spelling for you. Goergie--- you need to talk better on here :lol: - KIDS!!!!!!

I cut our beardies nails - not him :lol: I use nail clippers and just cut off the ends - very tiny bit just to stop him getting himself caught. But best advice is let him have a run around the garden the concreete ( or what ever u got) helps to grind them down. once you have done it once you will know. But to go to the vets every few weeks or so gets expensive. We also used to do same to rabbit. Yes its similar to other animals. Just a very tiny bit is usually enuf.
Oscar is quite happy to sit there whilst i do it. but then he is a lazy oik!! :wink:

#12 ·
lizardlover said:
ok i will explain RK's spelling for you. Goergie--- you need to talk better on here :lol: - KIDS!!!!!!

I cut our beardies nails - not him :lol: I use nail clippers and just cut off the ends - very tiny bit just to stop him getting himself caught. But best advice is let him have a run around the garden the concreete ( or what ever u got) helps to grind them down. once you have done it once you will know. But to go to the vets every few weeks or so gets expensive. We also used to do same to rabbit. Yes its similar to other animals. Just a very tiny bit is usually enuf.
Oscar is quite happy to sit there whilst i do it. but then he is a lazy oik!! :wink:
Thanks, I did manage to figure it in the end. I got my wife to help me though :)

#13 ·
yes i must admit i to tend to short spell. But if you read the words as they sound it makes it easier to understand.

U c i used to work in a school with very young children and they spell words as they sound to them. I know lots of us talk text talk its shear laziness. But then i often mis spell words as i type to fast. you will often see certain words i have spelt wrong - like my sons name for a start :lol: But the probably like lots of people on here i learnt to type on a proper typewriter with big had keys, not these silly soft keys - all close together.
I find it hard to concentrate and touch type now with these keyboards. Give me a golfball typewriter anyday :lol: ................clank clank clank!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.