Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a female year old BD in a 48x24x18 inch viv on her own.
I am going to be building a new viv rack with a 6x2x2 foot viv at the bottom for my girl BD and was hoping to get her a couple of friends aswell.
The question is, can i put Rankins and Bearded Dragons in the same viv?, I know they will need seperate basking spots etc, but will the BD's bully the Rankins as they are so much bigger? or will they live happily together?
Lat question, how many Dragons, either BD's only or a mix of BD's and Rankins could i comfortably put in the above sized viv?
Thanks

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nobody knows then?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
i wouldn't just because of the size difference! the rankins will need to be really tough to keep on a par with the beardie! but the set up is nearly identical, just abit smaller.

Was you thinking of breeding the two species together?

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
i think its no more risky than introducing another 1,2 or 3 normal beardies..
its all trial and error and depends on the individuals.

Rankins and inland beardies can definetly breed together.. which would sugest they can be housed together.

If theres a choice its prolly best to have the females larger than the males so maybe another female inland, female rankin and a male rankin in with your current female.

think that would be fine in a 6x2x2

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
cool! did not know they can live together!

my last post seemed really dodgy now i have re-read it, i ment to say a viv for rankins.......:oops:

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks, i have no plans to breed, would they get on as 3-4 females with no male, or would they be happier with a male,happier in every day life, i know they would be happier some of the time.lol,I was thinking maybe 2 female BD's and 2 or 3 female Rankins?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
DOH.... LOGGED IN AS TRESE..GRRR..

ITS DEAN...DEAN THORPE... :)

hmm I dont know if a male would be necesary but it would be a good idea id think..

with all females theres a chance yourl get dominant female, a male can keep her in check.. but if u wanted all female and as long as you kept trhem all well looked after, fed and given plenty of attention yourd prolly be good.

As long as the things they can fight about is limited i think its often safe.
adding the male then gives something to compete about so maybe more hastle than worth BUT i dont think thats the case as the male kinda dominates that side of things and with 3-4 females to contend with he himself will also prolly behave somewhat.

Its impossible to say though as they are all individuals and there are so many factors.

I think going with what you think and taking it from there is a good plan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts