Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

we aregoign to buy a female bearded which is six weeks old, she is lovely and doing well. We have been offered another one which is a male would itbe ok to have them both together with only one baskign area???

Cheers

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
You'll be ok with tha but when they are bigger you'll know what will happen! Plus if its just one male sometime the female can get stressed because of being pestered so much, Thankfully mine brumating at the moment to give her some peice and quite... when he awakes he'll find himself in a new viv :twisted:

·
Registered
69 Posts
The only concern I would have is how can you tell they are deffinately male & female at that age as it's very difficult to tell.

If you end up with 2 males then you may have problems.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
i agree with lee but also is the male the same age as some bigger beardies can bully the smaller ones

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
And dont forget quarantine for the new animal, it could be carrying something nasty and you dont want to pass anything it may possibly have onto your existing beardie. Recomended quaratine times are about 3 months personally for beardies and all agamids i quarantine for a year but each to their own.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
yes this too i forgot to mention it however i personally think they would be ok if they are from the same litter and havent been apart too long :D

·
Registered
295 Posts
Also i believe males sexually mature quicker, if they are kept together you could see your female get pregnant and not be old enough etc to lay properly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts