Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a little beardie/rankins cross dragon. I noticed a small bump about 2 weeks ago but it keeps growing in size I only really noticed today actually how big it's got (the lighting in the cage hit it just right for me to see) now I'm panicking. I have looked up all day and I think it's an abscess he hasn't hurt himself ect. For this to have happened. Websites say they have to have an injury which got infected but his got none! I'm currently unemployed and I'm panicking I want to get him treated and I will if it mean I have to sell some of my possessions but does anybody know if the pdsa treat reptiles and if not has anybody experienced this? And could help give me an estimated cost at how much lancing costs or the op so I know exactly how much money I need to find. Thankyou I will also phone up places tomorrow to enquire. But as its a Sunday nowhere is open and I'm just panicking. He is still eating normally and acting himself. I originally though it was jump a bump as he seems to enjoy jumping on everything

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
its nice to read about someone who may not have the money for a vet , but rather than whining about how they wont go, actually do something about it.

ive no idea about prices, ive never had this done and vets vary their prices. if he's still eating and acting fine i wouldnt panic too much.
you know herp vets in your area? im sure people will be able to recomend some places for you to phone if you say where you are.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No herbs vets that I could find in my area I live at the bottom of Essex. But I have a vet who will deal with reptiles I know they probably are not as experienced as herb vets but would that do? Im just worried I hate to think that he could be in pain.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I have a little beardie/rankins cross dragon. I noticed a small bump about 2 weeks ago but it keeps growing in size I only really noticed today actually how big it's got (the lighting in the cage hit it just right for me to see) now I'm panicking. I have looked up all day and I think it's an abscess he hasn't hurt himself ect. For this to have happened. Websites say they have to have an injury which got infected but his got none! I'm currently unemployed and I'm panicking I want to get him treated and I will if it mean I have to sell some of my possessions but does anybody know if the pdsa treat reptiles and if not has anybody experienced this? And could help give me an estimated cost at how much lancing costs or the op so I know exactly how much money I need to find. Thankyou I will also phone up places tomorrow to enquire. But as its a Sunday nowhere is open and I'm just panicking. He is still eating normally and acting himself. I originally though it was jump a bump as he seems to enjoy jumping on everything
No herbs vets that I could find in my area I live at the bottom of Essex. But I have a vet who will deal with reptiles I know they probably are not as experienced as herb vets but would that do? Im just worried I hate to think that he could be in pain.
dont panic about costings most vets are very reasonable if you speak to them about it before treatment

and its actuallly supprised me on costs of our vet .......very good infact

consult in ours is only £21.70 ( other rep vet consult is £45 so can vary)
after that the costings seem to range ideas of what we get charged on our royal recently but i think many would be slightly more

antibiotic injection £5-£6
intrasite gel -£7
fuctiderm cream(large tube) - £18

and we have been luck that with our vet they only charge the consult on 1st appt any follow ups have no consult fee

so in total 5 vet visits over 2 weeks have cost just over £80

·
Registered
357 Posts
Many vets will do payment plans, worth seeing if that's possible, good luck and hope things get sorted for you both
Regards
Lisa an Si

1 - 8 of 8 Posts