Reptile Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone help to of my eggs hatched one yesturday one day before babies doing well and active but I cant get them to eat and I know you are meant to feed them small crickets three times a day after 24 hrs but they pay no intrest any ideas would be great please

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are in a small starter reptile tank which is what I kept my hatchlin corns and baby gekos in when I first got them that is sat ontop of head mat but ony half of the tank has heat mat on they are sat on kitchen roll with a very shallow dish of water will they be ok with not eating for a few days as this is my first time and dont want to lose them aspecially when every one on here said to bin eggs as I had a little mould on them I didnt I put aflet foot powder on them as some one sergested and here we are now with babies hatching every day

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
I wouldnt worry about getting them to eat straight away normally by day 4 or 5... as they have absorbed the egg yolk before they hatched.. sometimes can take longer.

Liz

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you so much all the books and internet sites said after 24 hrs so thank you for replying Im not as worried now do I still offer them the crickets or do I just wait for 5 days then offer

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
put a few in so they can if they want to... but if not dont worry they will eat eventually... and a few is easier to catch than loads lol... if they eat them good and you can add some more.

Liz

·
Registered
569 Posts
Put some finely chopped veg in with them, then if they do get hungry before your ready with the crickets they can start pecking away on that. Mine were not at all interested until the 4th day after hatching.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cheers what is the longist time they can go without food before they get week and ill one is 5 days old now other one 4 days , 2 are 3 days and other 6 are 2 days old now 5 day old one is in tank with three others all getting on but no sign of eating and other 6 are in together

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi thanks to every one for there help they have all been eating for 2 days now so im happy they are happy and all 10 are doing really well cheers shell

1 - 13 of 13 Posts