Reptile Forums banner

Can you cohabitate 2 female bearded dragons?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm aware that males shouldn't be kept together, and that males and females shouldn't be together unless you're planning to breed, but can two females be kept together successfully? I've seen a lot of mixed opinions and haven't been able to get a clear answer yet.

The enclosure they'd be kept in is 6x2x2ft with plenty of hides and two separate basking spots.

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
I'm no expert in any way so this is just me replying with my very limited understanding of beardies.
They are not small lizards, and while a 6 foot viv sounds big, when you then factor in height and width as just 2 feet, then, for two quite big, very active lizards, it's not really much space at all.
Reptiles do not need to be kept with their own kind. They are solitary creatures.
Personally, I would be of the view that one beardie in that viv will he very happy. Put two in, there is then the complications of territories, aggression, etc.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My understanding is that Bearded Dragons should not be kept together at all, regardless of how big the viv is

1 - 4 of 4 Posts