Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brothers friends bearded dragons have been breading resently and i have been asked to incubate them having a bighger understanding of reps so my question is she has been producing large amounts of eggs but has been kicking them out of her humid hide and trampaling them does this mean they are not fertile my brother says hes seen them at it she is yet to get some good eggs from them any help would be very apreciated
chears dan

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
dunno if their not fertile or not but there's a good chance that they would of died bcoz of her trampling and owning them

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
hey man, if you do a google search you should come upo with a fair bit, something like "incubating bearded dragon eggs" or soemthing/
anyway theres ppl here who breed them so hopefully someone can help...???

if not i think you wana incubate at temps between 82-85 degrees in moist vermiculite.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks i have googled but i wanted some info first hand of somone maybe more noligable lol
chears dan

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I keep my eggs on damp vermiculite and incubated at 83, normaly takes 62-65 days for me, but it does vary!!!

If the egg looks a nice egg shape and white then it's fertile, don't turn the egg or disturb it once it's incubated.

If the eggs start to collapes and go an off colour yellow then they are infertile.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts