Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
My beardie is shedding at the moment. But his feet seem to have grown ALOT during this time. He is 9/10weeks old and I dust all his food with calcium. He has correct uvb strip light and temp bulb. So I just want to know if this is normal really.
Thanks in advance x
Human body Wood Thigh Trunk Tints and shades
Eye Iguania Wood Reptile Sunlight

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Hi all.
My beardie is shedding at the moment. But his feet seem to have grown ALOT during this time. He is 9/10weeks old and I dust all his food with calcium. He has correct uvb strip light and temp bulb. So I just want to know if this is normal really.
Thanks in advance x View attachment 353511 View attachment 353512

Hi, I don`t see anything unusual about the feet in terms of being "big"?
I advise you remove the wire cage around the basking bulb, it`s a very serious burns risk, at some point the lizard is quite likely to grab hold of it.
I would also like to mention that you talked about the animal being able to " free roam", unless the conditions in the room/rest of the house it frequents closely resemble the temps and humidity they require to thrive in captivity, free roaming is a very bad idea, for the overwhelming majority of the time they need to be in a carefully controlled environment (they literally lose body heat in minutes) and if that happens on a regular basis throughout the day their immune system is likely to be compromised leading to many health problems.
You still haven`t given any details of the temps or humidity, those are life threateningly important, as I`ve already mentioned in another of your threads (you seem more concerned about being able to "cuddle" the lizard)?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hi all.
Thanks in advance x View attachment 353511 View attachment 353512
This is a totally normal growth spurt for a juvenile. Reptiles have very fast growth rates at this age. This will slow down over time as they reach their adult size.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts