Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently upgraded my BD to a 4x2x2 viv.

Since moving her she has been a lot more active and alert (which I assume is a good thing). However, she is also pooing a lot more, once sometime twice a day. They are very small compared to the ones she was passing once every 4-5 days previously, but I guess that makes sense as she is still eating the same amount.

Is this something to be concerned about or is it a result of her being more active?

Setup details:
  • 4x2x2
  • Tile floor
  • HE: 95-100 F
  • CE: 75
  • 12.0 UVB tube

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
i would say personally that it is maybe due to stress.

relocation stress can do some amazing things to your dragons... mine has done the opposite to yours since moving her, so i wouldnt worry too much, but do ALWAYS keep a vigilant eye out for problems

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
When beardies are lethargic and generally spend a lot of time being inactive it can result in constipation or at least less regular bowel movements. Personally, I would put her pooping down to her being so active.

As long as they are normal faeces then I wouldn't be worried.

Reactions: Mikedunz

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
As long as they are not watery but fairly firm then its more of a good thing than bad. I'd personally have no concerns about it, just keep an eye on her hydration levels.

I do have a bit of a concern on those temps you gave though.

95-100F hot side temp? Where and how are you taking that temp. That is closer to basking temp than hot side.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
95-100 is on the rock directly under her basking lamp (taken with a digital probe)

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
95-100 is on the rock directly under her basking lamp (taken with a digital probe)

Ok thats your basking temp then. You need to be careful to distinguish that from your hot side temp. You could tweek that temp up a bit also to 100-105f.

On basking temps your aiming for your beardie to bask for around 5 mins at a time. If he is basking more than 10 mins then your spot is not hot enough to suit him, if he is not basking for 5 mins then its possible too hot. Each dragon has its own prefered temp that you can set by observation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts