Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My beaded dragon laid 17 eggs on Tuesday 29th January 2009, Unfortunatly I didnt know she was preggers (stupid me!) and she laid them on a dry sand. So first thing I done was cover them with sand and spray some water to raise the humidity whilist I tried to buy an incubator and vermiculite as fast as I possibly could.

Fortunatly or unfortunatly someone had an incubator close buy which I bought for £70, might of been a waste of money but I have some faith in these little eggs! :)

None of the eggs are tea coloured shaped, although alot of the eggs look a little colapsed (me thinking this is because of the dry sand she laid them on, being dry and not very humid). Alot of the eggs once put in the incubator left for a few days are now not so calapsed which is good (i think).

I have heard that it doesnt take a huge varient to change, like the way you pick the egg up needs to be exactly the way they are in the incubator to kill them.

I haven't got any direct questions about this topic really. Was hoping for some kind of positive/negative feedback, ill accept a slap on the wrist also for not knowing my beardy was preggers! : victory:

Here are some picture of the incubating eggs:

Close up of the eggs

All eggs in one of the box's

Some of the eggs are starting to go opaque and when I shine a torch on them they are white, not yellow (thank god).

Any suggestions most feedback would be cool. Thank you all

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your feedback, I hope I get a few babies at least out of this clutch :)

I have heard that they need feeding numerious times in the day. Ill keep that in mind. I might need to hire a bearded dragon nanny lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts