Reptile Forums banner

Bearded dragon help needed

260 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Paul B 
#1 ·
Hi everyone my female dragon has laid her 3rd clutch in a year is this unhealthy?on looking at a big viv to split them is this a good option please let me know if you can help me thanks

#2 ·
i dont have any breeding experiance BUT i was reading an old PRK befor that say that a beardie shouldnt have more than 3 clutches a year with out a brake (are they fertile eggs) if they are and your talking about spliting the hatchlings then yes it would be a good idea to split them to help with tail and toe nipping or if its splitting a male and female dragon then also yes to stop more breeding :) ope this helps but someone with experiance will be along soon

#3 ·
Bearded Dragons in the wild live a solitary life and only really come together at breeding time if they are lucky. keeping a male and a female together will result in the female being constantly gravid and bothered by the male for sex.
This can and will result in stress and reduced calcium levels which is likley to kill the female.
Suggest you separate them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.