Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi about half an hour before this happened i sprayed my dragon with ZooMed Shedding aid as he is having trouble shedding.
But as i checked on my dragon just recently i noticed two light mustard coloured spots on his head above the area where the eyes are, what is this and should i be concerned? His whole body generally goes this colour before he starts to shed and then he goes really dark. But this is worrying me?

Below on the picture the spots seems really bright, but they are mild in colouration not as enhanced on the pic (just how the camera took the picture).

He has normal appetite, recently gave him a waxworm as a treat. He is 7 months old and is currently in the process of shedding, he has a healthy diet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mind you he was on top of the rock that right underneath the basking lamp.

the temperature was 90.7 basking and 79.8 the opposite end.

they seem to have calmed down now in the brightness as the rest of his body has started to brighten up

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well the reason it was that low is because once the temp reaches into the hundreds he scoots off into his cave, and i see that as himself getting away from the heat- as i said he is shedding and am i not right in thinking cooler temps help with the shedding?? i generally keep the temps higher than that, the person asked for the current reading and thats what i got at the time

I have a digital thermometer x2
i have a high UV repti 10 light and i have a 500w red spot basking light that is on a dimming thermostat.

As for digestion he seems to be coping alright with the current temps as he is still pooing normally etc.

the colouration has gone now, it went once he had shed from that area. But thank you for the information and views on the situation, i try to do the best for my beardie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.