Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I currently have a 3 year old bearded dragon, I know about its lighting and temperature needs, but the only issue I am having is the mass debate about which is better out of exo terra and zoo med. I currently have a exo terra set up but I know that zoo med is better for her in every way so I am wanting to switch to zoo med, my issue is, I have ready several times that the UV light hoods that you can get by zoo med have a lot of problems with the light fittings not being right and it flickers or doesn't go on properly. I have experiences with this on my zoo med basking light as well and I dont particularly want to switch away from the consistent exo terra to zoo med for it to not work, yes zoo med are better for the lizard but if its not going to work whats the point? so my question is, have anyone here had issues with the zoo med UV hoods and if so what has been done to fix the problem or have you opted for a different brand? thanks

·
Registered
524 Posts
Actually, many would agree, me included, that the Arcadia T5 Slimline Luminaire 12% is the best you can get for your dragon.

T5 Slimline Vivarium Luminaire : Arcadia Reptile

They are available over at Swell reptiles.

Hmmm, I realize this doesn't answer you question :lol2:

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I too would use Arcadia T5, much better than both you mentioned and also a good piece of kit, ie no flickering.

Where are you from OP?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, many would agree, me included, that the Arcadia T5 Slimline Luminaire 12% is the best you can get for your dragon.

T5 Slimline Vivarium Luminaire : Arcadia Reptile

They are available over at Swell reptiles.

Hmmm, I realize this doesn't answer you question :lol2:
no thats still good information. although i use a zoo med basking light fitting i actually use an arcadia d3 160w MV basking bulb which has good reviews. The reason I was going to go for zoo med is when i have researched zoo med vs arcadia I found alot of people saying that not just the consistency of the uv output but the waverange of the bulbs was better in the reptisun ones, but if alot of people are saying the arcadia T5 slimline is better then I am more then happy to go for this. thanks for that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts