Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it is a lovely subject but just want to see if anyone has had the same problem as me on this one. Got a year old male bearded. Never had any issues with him (Except when he pooed on me once :devil:) but just lately he decided to stop pooing in the viv and started to do it in his bath. This has been going on for the last 2 months now. Any advise to get him out of this will be greatly appricated.

Pete

·
Registered
261 Posts
Being in the warm water will stimulate him so not surprised he is doing it. Why do you want him to stop, to me it seems ideal. Keeps the viv clean. If he does it early on wen u have put him in just change the water and let him soak a bit longer.
Regards, ian

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think the only thing that will stop him doing that now is to stop putting him in the bath, it's not like they need a bath anyway. I purposely put mine in the bath when I know he is bloated, id rather he did what he has to do there than on my carpet.
I think it's quite common that bearded dragons poo in the bath

·
Registered
919 Posts
Do you mean he poos when you bath him, or that you have a sizeable water bowl he can sit in and goes in that? To be honest, I kind of agree with the others. Even if it is his water bowl, all you gotta do is clean it out and put fresh water in there, beats having to poo pick the whole viv IMO. Plus it's good that he's going regularly, and if water is helping, which it obviously is, then fab.
I'm not having a go, but I don't really see why this is a problem?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just checking that it was normal as before this he has always pooed in the same place in his viv (within about 10 cms) and then just suddenly stopped doing that. We bath him about every 3 days and he started to do this. If this is normal, he can carry on doing it for me. Saves him pooing on me :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Sounds like it's possible it is dehydrated, but could be temperature related I suppose. What are the parameters of your enclosure? Temps? Humidity? Size?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for late reply, had lots on last night. He is in a 5 foot wooden viv, plenty of cover and stuff to climb on in the cold end. Cold end is at 60-65 degrees and hot end (with a rock to bask on) is 100 - 110 degrees. He comes out most days and just sits on my shoulder as I walk round the house doing stuff. Never been a running around Beardy but always comes out of viv on his own when I open glass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts