Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right i have 2 female beardies,from the same clutch.one is twice the size of the other,they eat the same food.i.e lochust's,wax worms,meal worms,greens....there's never been any aggression between them.but one is huge i was wondering if anyone else has this?i'm 100% they are female so it's not male and female.just wondering what you thought?

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
tombraider has 3 beardies, 2 of them, brad and angelina have been housed togther since young, both same sex i think......female?... anyway one is much much much bigger than the other.

Ours have remained consistant, goldie was larger than drago to begin with and still is but not by a huge amount.
It prolly is that one is more dominant than the other, even without aggression showing its prolly the case ,nothin to worry about mind.
does one eat first?

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not really,i drop the lochust's in and they go nut's chasing them together.the bigger one's head is huge and her tail is massively long,i've never seen one so long.only time i've seen anything like aggression is a few weeks back and it was the littler(misty) one grabbing lochust same time as bigger one(puff).

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
Yep one of mine is massive but I think its a boy. The photo below is all 3. because the smallest wouldnt eat in a viv of her own shes now in with the others which when I posted pics of thier vents on the forum was told they was boys. Their only just over 4 months old so no fighting as happened yet but they will have to be seperated sometime in the future and the silly thing is since shes been in with the other 2 the smallest one has taken over being the boss of the viv, always eating first and picking the basking spot.

The smaller 2 can both sit on the larger ones back. The one top left is from the same clutch and the top right one is from another clutch a week younger.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
hey maxine any reason why they are all different sizes? is it just their genetics, cause i can imagine them all getting equal amounts of food and TLC in your home

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lol tombraider your picture looks like the kind of people that live around my area.

Theres always a fat one in a group.. abit like little britain to be honest

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
I have no idea why ones so much larger :? they all eat a good amount of live food and veg and theres never been any arguing over food. the 2 from the same clutch were the same size when i bought them as you can see in my sig below. the other one was in the pet shop for quite a while and she didnt have any basking area, only had heat from a stupid heat mat which i dont even think was turned on so maybe thats why she was smaller.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts