Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to owning beradies and would really appreciate some help getting my temperatures right! I have a 4x2x2 viv with a UVB strip down the middle, a 75w daylight basking lamp and rock at one end and i have put the censor to my thermostat right in the middle of the back wall which is set on about 27C (81F).

I have lowered my UVB tube to about 9 inches from the bottom of my viv as the beardie i am getting is only 8 weeks old.. Under my basking lamp i have a rock for basking and my lamp is about 7 inches from the top of the rock.

In the 'cool end' of my viv i have a digital thermometer and in the warm end i have a probe.. The temperature in my cool end is between 25C (77F) and 28C (82.4F) and in the warm end next to the basking rock it reads between 34C (93.2F) and 37C (98.6F) and with the probe on top of the basking rock it reads between 43C (109F) and 46C (114.8F).

Is there any way to tell the surface temperature of my basking rock without getting an IR thermometer as i have bought everything else i need and now i literally dont even have £10 for an IR thermometer :(

My beardie isn't in the viv yet i am supposed to be picking him up in 3 days time and i realy want to get the tempertatures sorted before i do!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry just realised this is in the worng place and i dont know how to delete it!

Sorry guys!

Ryan

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
<laughs> Just report your own post and hopefully a mod will move it. I'm sure they'll notice it soon-ish anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts