Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bearded dragon that is about 3 or 4 months old. Over the last few days, he has been trying to climb the glass and jumping of his basking spot toward the light. He is only about 8"stl and the tank is 10 gal. Today he climbed to his basking spot, then reached straight up and grabbed the screen cover. He then pulled himself up and was crawling upside down on the screen under his light. It was fun to watch, but it got me thinking. What would cause this drastic change in his personality?

·
Registered
167 Posts
It might be that it isn't warm enough for him or that he's trying to get closer to the UV.

Full details of your setup would be the first thing everyone will ask.

Temps - hot end, cold end, basking spot
Method of taking temps
UV - brand, strength, distance from basking spot

·
Registered
138 Posts
Could be inquisitive or wanting more space. 10GL seems small for a Beardy although I'm not sure of the measurements.

What measurements are your viv?
What temps are you running?
Do you have a suitable UVB, and how old is the bulb?
What do you feed?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I have a bearded dragon that is about 3 or 4 months old. Over the last few days, he has been trying to climb the glass and jumping of his basking spot toward the light. He is only about 8"stl and the tank is 10 gal. Today he climbed to his basking spot, then reached straight up and grabbed the screen cover. He then pulled himself up and was crawling upside down on the screen under his light. It was fun to watch, but it got me thinking. What would cause this drastic change in his personality?

isn't a 10 gal like 2x1x1 o,0 if so thats wayyyy to small for a beardie and that might be the reason for his erratic behavior. Jumping at lights can be an indication of being too cold, or not enough uv but it could also mean hes cooking You will need to upgrade viv and double check all the temps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts