Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I currently have a 3 year old bearded dragon, I know about its lighting and temperature needs, but the only issue I am having is the mass debate about which is better out of exo terra and zoo med. I currently have a exo terra reptiglo set up but from what I know, zoo med reptisun is better for her in every way so I am wanting to switch to zoo med, my issue is, I have ready several times that the UV light hoods that you can get by zoo med have a lot of problems with the light fittings not being right and it flickers or doesn't go on properly. I have experiences with this on my zoo med basking light as well and I dont particularly want to switch away from the consistent exo terra to zoo med for it to not work, yes zoo med are better for the lizard but if its not going to work whats the point? so my question is, have anyone here had issues with the zoo med UV hoods and if so what has been done to fix the problem or have you opted for a different brand? thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Do what you think is best. If you prefer a certain named product/range, and trust, stick with it. There are loads of reptile products I will forever use because I trust them, and others I won't touch with a barge pole. Everybody has an different opinion with products, especially on here. If you've had the beadie for 3years with no problem, your doing something right!!!

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Basically the best uv is from bulbs made by arcadia so none of the ones mentioned. the best are their T5 systems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts