Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm collecting my first bearded dragon on Sunday and he is fully grown (not sure how big he is, I was just told he was big) and he comes in a 4x2x2 viv. I like to house my reptiles it vivs that are as big as possible and I'm just wondering is this big enough? I'm guessing there is a size range and I'm wanting it to be towards the top of the scale. I also have a 6x3x4 viv would this be to big?
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Hi,
I'm collecting my first bearded dragon on Sunday and he is fully grown (not sure how big he is, I was just told he was big) and he comes in a 4x2x2 viv. I like to house my reptiles it vivs that are as big as possible and I'm just wondering is this big enough? I'm guessing there is a size range and I'm wanting it to be towards the top of the scale. I also have a 6x3x4 viv would this be to big?
Thanks
Chris
IMO 4*2*2 is perfect for a BD, mine has become less active as an adult and I think 6*3*4 is just overkill and most of it wouldn't be used. But its always nice to see lizards in big set-ups, I don't think it will be too big but just a bit unnecessary if that makes sense.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks for the advice, my corn snake might have an upgrade coming his way then :D he is currently 6 foot and showing no signs of slowing down

·
Registered
682 Posts
Mines in a 5x2x2 (well just shy of 5ft) and is approx 2 years old now and she uses every inch of it, I think its just dependant on how active he is. I think if my viv was any bigger I would clutter it up with loads of climbing stuff tbh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts