Reptile Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 8 month old beardy that ive owned for about a month now, when i first got her i noticed that her left eye was a bit watery. I cleaned the eye with sterile water and put her into her viv , the next next day the eye was stuck closed. I took her to the vets and she was given antibiotic eye drops and lubricant to be used twice daily for 7 days , i did this but the eye stayed the same so the vet gave me another type of eye drops but its still sticky and has to be cleaned twice a day or she cant open it.
Has anyone known this before??

·
Registered
125 Posts
Im not sure if this is the same but my beardie began to get watery eyes never to the point that they were stuck but still each had a watery haze over them, after a vet check they told me the most likely reason was a vitimin A deficiency and the best way to romove this was to increase the amount of grated carrot into their veg dish to three to four times a week along with all the other veg obv. and within a few weeks it all cleared. could give that ago it worked well for me.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not sure if this is the same but my beardie began to get watery eyes never to the point that they were stuck but still each had a watery haze over them, after a vet check they told me the most likely reason was a vitimin A deficiency and the best way to romove this was to increase the amount of grated carrot into their veg dish to three to four times a week along with all the other veg obv. and within a few weeks it all cleared. could give that ago it worked well for me.

thanks will try this

1 - 3 of 3 Posts